Sunday, September 01, 2013

Floyd Mayweather not worried about Canelo weight advantage

Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) is not worried about the high rehydration of WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 26KOs). In a recent interview, Canelo's trainer Chepo Reynoso said Mayweather made a big mistake by take the fight at a catch-weight of 152-pounds. Canelo, at times, rehydrates to over 170-pounds on the day of the fight. Mayweather feels the added weight can work against Canelo. "I don't really listen to what other trainers say. I just focus on what my game plan is, and my game plan is to be smart, be first, and win. Every fighter has a weakness. He has 42 wins, but he has a draw. So we'll see what that weakness is. I have 44 wins, no losses, no draws. We'll see how the fight plays. He's a guy who likes to box, he's really young and he's banking on his youth. I have the experience," Mayweather said.

http://www.boxingdepot.net/blogs/news/8889717-mayweather-not-worried-about-canelo-s-weight-advantage

No comments: